WHITE GRAPEFRUIT ESSENTIAL OIL
Size: 5 ml. Violet glass bottle
Source: South Africa
Production method: Cold-pressed from certified organic fruit peels
Botanical name: Citrus paradisii or Citrus racemosa
NOTE: Shipping fee's will be invoiced separately
White Grapefruit has a refreshing, uplifting and enlightening aroma. It enhances mental clarity and sharpens the senses when inhaled.
It is great to take along on long journeys, as it can relieve stress from traveling, and jet lag. It is also a very strong anti-microbial and anti-infectious, helping to neutralize exposure to germs and microbes.
Energetically, it is associated with the sacral energy center, or root. It energizes us to rise to the occasion and increases stamina and endurance.
• Astringent • Anti-cancer • Anti-carcinogenic • Anti-lithic • Anti-toxic • Anti-bacterial • Anti-coagulent • Depurative • Diuretic • Chologogue • Hepatic • Parasiticide • Stimulant: general, lymphatic system, gall bladder, skin • Tonic: digestive, general, lymphatic, gall bladder
Internal–oral, inhalation, suppository
External--topical application, massage, spinal and local compress, energy centers and meridian points
Top Note: Citrus, fresh, sour, sweet
Heart Note: Fruity, citrus, sweet
Classification: Top note
Observations and Anecdotal Information
White Grapefruit essential oil may be used to purify and balance the digestive system, especially when it feels congested and stagnant. May be taken internally by adding a drop or two of the oil to a spoonful of honey. Alternatively, you can add sweetener and 2 drops of the oil into a cup of hot water and stir, then drink it like a tea.
To use as a cleansing tonic for liver, kidneys, or circulatory and lymphatic systems, add up to 30 drops of white grapefruit essential oil into a 16 ounce tonic or decoction, and take a small dose (1 tablespoon) of the blend every day.
White Grapefruit essential oil combined with Cypress essential oil is a phenomenal treatment for cellulite skin condition. For this you would want to apply an undiluted blend of these oils on the area you want to treat. Then wrap the skin with saran wrap, and relax for 30 minutes, allowing the oils to do their work. Then remove the saran wrap, and if possible–go right into a hot bath.
The hot water will drive the oil in deeper and enhance the cleansing and fat dissolving properties. Skin may turn red for up to a few hours after this treatment, showing the degree of circulatory stimulation that has occurred. No worries–the redness will fade after a few hours.
• Grapefruit essential oil can be photo toxic. Avoid sun exposure for 24 hours after using it.
This oil is generally regarded as safe. Very sensitive individuals may have mild skin sensitivity when applied topically.
• Avoid when taking certain prescription medicines, especially blood thinners such as Coumadin or Warfarin, unless advised by a medical professional. Grapefruit fruit contains a flavonoid called naringin which can interfere with the body’s absorption of pharmaceutical drugs. The essential oil of grapefruit contains no naringin.
• Safe for use during pregnancy and lactation.
• Keep all essential oils away from eyes.
• Store in a safe place, out of the reach of children.
• Pet information: Cats may not respond well to conifer oils and citrus oils. Avoid usage for cats.
**All internal uses should be researched and/or supported by a health care professional. Product quality and dosage are critically important when using essential oils internally.
The information on this website is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, please consult your physician and do your research before using these products. All information is provided for educational purposes and should not be viewed as health claims.
**Shipping fee's will be invoiced separately**