LEMON EUCALYPTUS ESSENTIAL OIL
Size: 5 ml. violet glass bottle
Botanical Name: Eucalyptus citriodora
Method: Steam distilled from certified organic leaves
Notes: The lemony aroma is more appealing to many people than other eucalyptuses, with their medicinal aroma. It is a fresh clean scent that wakes up and energizes the mind, especially when experiencing mental fatigue.
• Analgesic • Anti-bacterial • Anti-infectious • Anti-inflammatory • Anti-microbial • Anti-spasmodic • Anti-tussive • Anti-viral • Balsamic • Decongestant • Disinfectant • Expectorant • Febrifuge • Insecticide • Parasiticide • Vermifuge
Internal–oral homeopathic doses only, inhalation, diffusion
External--topical application, massage, bath, spinal and local compress, energy centers and meridian points
Top note: Strong, fresh, lemony, leafy, notes
Heart note: Resinous, sweet, green, leafy, balsamic, with a slightly floral notes
Base note: Resinous, balsamic, sweet, slightly floral notes
Classification: Top note
Tenacity: Very high
In natural perfumery, lemon eucalyptus is used in making colognes, herbal notes, citrus notes, and modern perfume blends. It blends well with many oils, including amber, cedar, fir, melissa, pine, spearmint, and thyme.
Observations and Anecdotal Information
Lemon Eucalyptus is a great antiviral, and fights fungal as well as bacterial infection. Its immune enhancing properties are superb, especially when diffused into the air or applied topically as a chest or spinal compress. It has the ability to reduce fever; relieve coughs, sore throat, and laryngitis; and even reduce herpes breakouts.
It is also effective in opening the breathing passages of asthmatics, and should be used cautiously for this purpose until it is determined how well it works for an individual.
This oil is a favorite amongst my customers! The lemony aroma is easy on the sense's, while still providing the strong benefits of the eucalyptus properties.
Lemon Eucalyptus is also popular for its ability to repel mosquitos. To create your own mosquito-free spray, you would want to create a 10% dilution and shake well each time before using.
- Generally recognized as safe at normal dosage.
- Avoid use with pregnant and lactating women.
- Avoid use with infants and small children.
- Keep all essential oils away from eyes.
- Store in a safe place, out of the reach of children.
- All internal uses should be researched and/or supported by a health care professional. Product quality and dosage are critically important when using essential oils internally.
The information on this website is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, please consult your physician and do your research before using these products. All information is provided for educational purposes and should not be viewed as health claims.
**Shipping fee's will be invoiced separately**