WORMWOOD ESSENTIAL OIL
Size: 5 ml. Violetglass bottle
Botanical Name: Artemisia absinthum
Method: Steam distilled
Note: Artisan distilled from flowering tops of wild plants
• Analgesic • Anthelmintic • Antibacterial • Antimicrobial • Carminative • Cholaretic • Depurative • Digestive • Deodorant • Emmenagogue • Febrifuge • Insecticide • Myotonic: uterine • Narcotic • Parasiticide • Stimulant: digestive • Vermifuge
Internal–oral, inhalation, suppository
External–topical application, massage, local or spinal compress, application to energy centers and meridian points
Observations and Anecdotal Information
For centuries in Europe this herb, Wormwood, was used to treat a host of diseases and disorders including intestinal worms, gout, kidney stones, pain and swelling, promotion of menstruation, as an antidote for drunkenness and various poisons, and as a bitter tonic and appetite stimulant. It is one of the most effective worm and parasite treatments from the herbal world. Remember–every drop of this oil has the potency of 50 cups of herbal tea, so please use it with respect and dilute appropriately.
- A reasonable parasite dosage might be 1 to 2 drops wormwood essential oil in 1 qt. water. Adult dosage–take 1/4 cup of this mixture 2 times daily for 5 days. If you have no adverse reactions, this dosage can be kept up for up to 90 days, for a complete parasite cleanse. Do not use for longer time periods, as this oil has some neurotoxic constituents that can accumulate in the system. If you do have a reaction within the first 5 days, drop down to a homeopathic dosage.
- For people who have cancer or another degenerative condition, it is likely that they have a severe and chronic parasite infection. In this case, it is wise to use a higher dosage of wormwood, such as one drop in a cup of hot water every morning for 30 days. (I personally use this dosage with great results for annual parasite cleansing). Since they can be very sensitive, they may need to work up to this dosage level gradually, over a period of several days or weeks.
- Use with caution with children, and people that have liver disease, convulsions, or sensitivities. Another form of parasite cleanse is often best for them.
- Avoid during pregnancy and lactation.
- Avoid use with infants or small children.
- Avoid essential oil contact with eyes.
- Avoid with seizure conditions and liver disease.
- Store safely out of the reach of children.
- All internal uses should be researched and/or supported by a health care professional. Product quality and dosage are critically important when using essential oils internally.
The information on this website is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, please consult your physician and do your research before using these products. All information is provided for educational purposes and should not be viewed as health claims.