PATCHOULI ESSENTIAL OIL, 2% dilution in fractionated coconut oil
Size: 5 ml. Violet glass bottle
Botanical Name: Pogostemon cablin
Method: Steam distillation of leaves in traditional copper digs.
NOTE: Shipping fee's will be invoiced separately
Note: This Reserve Patchouli is aged for 8 years in oaken kegs. It is only offered when reserves reach a certain volume. This is a premium grade essential oil that is normally reserved for "royalty", and we are pleased to be able to offer it to you!
Patchouli is used in many natural perfumes. It adds staying power (tenacity) to every blend that it touches, and acts as a great fixative.
Energetically, it increases the ability for self-care and self nurturance. It is known to increase physical energy and to attract property. Inhaling it has the effect of slowing down the perception of time. It can be stimulating to some people and sedative to others.
• Anti-bacterial • Anti-infectious • Anti-microbial • Anti-septic • Anti-toxic • Cicatrizant • Depurative • Detoxifier • Emollient • Estrogenic • Insecticide • Relaxant: broncial, respiratory, diaphragm • Stimulant: endocrine • Tonic: veins, skin • Vulnerary
Top Note: Sweet, balsamic, ethereal, herbaceous woodsy notes
Heart Note: Sweet, herbaceous, woodsy, mossy, earthy notes
Base Note: Sweet, balsamic, woodsy, herbaceous notes
Tenacity: Very high
Patchouli reserve essential oil has a wide range of application in natural perfumery. It is used as a fixative and base note in oriental perfumes, precious woods notes, fougeres, chypres, and resinous or amber bases.
External--topical application, massage, skin and wound application, spinal and local compress, energy centers and meridian points
Observations and Anecdotal Information
Patchouli is helpful for treating wounds, and eliminating the possibility of scarring. It is a helpful oil for those who are losing weight, as it helps break down cellulite and expel fat and excess water. It has been used for treating acne, psoriasis, and other skin conditions, as well as fungal and bacterial infections, inflammation, and dandruff.
Patchouli is a powerful endocrine system stimulant. It is balancing for those experiencing hormonal symptoms; PMS, hot flashes, etc. It is a detoxifier, cleansing of chronic toxic accumulation for those who are regenerating arthritis, diabetes, cancer, and any chronic degenerative health conditions. It is energetically nourishing to kidneys, helping to relieve water retention, edema, and night sweats. Energetically, patchouli is associated with the root and navel chakras, increasing kidney essence, adding a calm and stable confidence and relieving anxiety and worry.
Tips for working with Patchouli:
- Patchouli’s aroma is very strong and intense. If you are one of the many people who believe that you don’t like patchouli, chances are you have only encountered cheap health food store imitations; or you need to dilute the oil even more than you have. A single drop of patchouli oil in a 1 ounce bottle of filtered coconut or other carrier oil, is still strong enough to use in blends and formulas.
- Patchouli added to essential oil blends, often grounds the blend and makes the energetic properties more accessible. Try adding just a drop or two of diluted patchouli (not a full drop of undiluted oil) to your next blend after you have completed it, and notice what happens.
- Patchouli is used in many natural perfumes. It adds staying power (called tenacity) to every blend that it touches, and acts as a great fixative.
- Patchouli ages well! Like a fine wine, the longer it ages, the better it gets. I have a small reserve of my own patchouli that is over 20 years old, and believe me it is precious. I recommend you buy 2 bottles; one to use now and another to use in another few years. You will have a rare gift to share in all of your perfume blends and healing oil blends.
- Patchouli essential oil has been used as an effective moth and insect repellant. During the Victorian era, patchouli leaves were placed between shawls as they were packed, then shipped from India to England. It was so effective, that the scent of patchouli became synonymous with the mark of a good shawl. Shawls without the familiar scent could not be sold!
This oil is generally regarded as safe at normal doses.
Avoid use with pregnant and lactating mothers.
Keep all essential oils away from eyes.
Store in a safe place, out of the reach of children.
All internal uses should be researched and/or supported by a health care professional. Product quality and dosage are critically important when using essential oils internally.
**Shipping fee's will be invoiced separately**
The information on this website is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, please consult your physician and do your research before using these products. All information is provided for educational purposes and should not be viewed as health claims.